Safe Families MIT
Biblical Hospitality for Families in Crisis
- Safe Families is not adoption or foster care.
- Safe Families offers support in a time of need
- Safe Families reunite children with their families in a stronger home environment.
- Host families receive no compensation for caring for children.
- Parents voluntarily place their children with a Host family.
- The parents of the children are actively involved in their lives.
- Host Families and Safe Families work with the parents during this transition to identify steps to regain stability and be reunited with their children quickly and safely
Ways To Get Involved
- BE A HOST FAMILY open your home to a child or children in need, an alternative to foster care.
- BE A SAFE FAMILY FRIEND volunteer your time and resources by helping a Host Family.
- BE A SAFE FAMILY CHURCH share your ministry with your congregation.
Safe Families Sunday
Through Safe Families for Children, families in crisis can get connected to caring, compassionate community during their time of need and beyond. Find out more at graceevan.org/safe-families-mit or contact Safe Families MIT Leader Sarah Hysong at 651.3013 or .
Sunday, Feb 11th, 6:00 pm