Safe Families MIT
Biblical Hospitality for Families in Crisis
- Safe Families is not adoption or foster care.
- Safe Families offers support in a time of need
- Safe Families reunite children with their families in a stronger home environment.
- Host families receive no compensation for caring for children.
- Parents voluntarily place their children with a Host family.
- The parents of the children are actively involved in their lives.
- Host Families and Safe Families work with the parents during this transition to identify steps to regain stability and be reunited with their children quickly and safely
Ways To Get Involved
- BE A HOST FAMILY open your home to a child or children in need, an alternative to foster care. You will make a lasting impression on a child in need and possibly change the trajectory of a family.
- BE A SAFE FAMILY FRIEND encourage and strengthen families in crisis by performing small tasks.
- BE A SAFE FAMILY CHURCH share your ministry with your congregation.
- BE A SAFE FAMILY RESOURCE FRIEND you can provide items to families struggling with life challenges. Let’s face it, we all have extra items or unused stuff, such as furniture and bicycles. Donating these items can help meet critical needs of families.
SAFE FAMILIES LUNCHEON
SAFE FAMILIES is not just about hosting children! Even if you can’t host children, there are still many ways to be involved. Safe Families needs not only host families, but additionally family friends and individuals with skills such as auto repair, carpentry, dentistry, medicine and social work. If you'd like to learn more about ways you can participate, please join us for lunch in the Brown Room on Sun, Aug 26 at 12:15pm.